Why several copies?!?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:04 pm

hehe... i see you're being sarcastic. And you know that you are wrong.
I am not pissed off at all. I have other priorioties. I am a sega fan in the first place. Laughing
You will see now in the other topic.

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by sealeddreamcast on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Dark Sol wrote:I am sorry, i cannot express some of my thoughts in english correctly. "Fun" is not the very correct word here. I meant, if you're buying only for quantity, like you have no other things to buy... then it's sickness. Like buying sealed chrono triggers every time you see em. Some people just can't let the games go... to the others... I can understand if you buy a more perfect copy for upgrading, like rarebucky does. But stockpiling dozens of copies is terrible mental illness.

It's not because other people like buying one game in several copies that it's sickness.
I mean it ain't sicker than collecting sealed games, collecting video games or wathever else. Any form of collection is useless but people do collect because they like it, no matter how they do collect you can't judge.
It's only sickness to you because you can't get a copy for yourself. And your english skills have nothing to do in this. Maybe you're not jealous but you are at least angry.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 99
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:49 pm

I am sorry. I see you don't understand at all.

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by sealeddreamcast on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:26 pm

well, no I don't understand your thoughts.
But as I understand them the same way all other people here understand them, maybe it's just you that can't admit what you say is, if not full of jealousy, at least trully ambiguous.
You say your english is poor so you can't explain, but the more you try to explain, the more what you say makes feel the inner jealousy in it.
Man, it's not because you THINK you are not jealous that you aren't actually jealous.

sealeddreamcast
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 99
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:41 pm

I am pretty sure everyone here understands my thoughts. They just disagree, but that's ok. That's just different sides of view.
What you want to say is that i only whine cause i can't afford some games and jealous to those who can?
LOL, dude. I am 25 years old. I can afford pretty much anything Smile But it does not mean i should stockpile Chrono Triggers like some others do.
lol!

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Captain_of_Industry on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 am

"Regular" game collectors, meaning collectors who buy used games to play, think collecting sealed games is ridiculous. Some of them are very intolerant of it, in fact, and they have their "reasons" as well. Their arguments are usually something along the lines of "games are meant to be played with" or "sealed game collectors are raising prices for everyone else" etc...

That being said, I think sealed collectors coming down on other sealed collectors for buying duplicates is hypocritical. Remember, regular game collectors have their "reasons" for not liking what you do, and you may have your "reasons" for not liking someone who buys duplicates, but that doesn't mean it's any less valid or moral than what you do. Collecting ANYTHING in any manner is capitalistic in nature and inherently selfish, so if you're going to play the morality card against other collectors, be prepared to look in the mirror first.

Captain_of_Industry
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 11
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Startyde on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:44 am

I think I like Captain here.

Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Age : 36
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Captain_of_Industry on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:12 am

Dark Sol wrote:All i have to say is - don't buy just cause you can afford it and you have a copy already. It is silly, it is greed. Someone else may want it as well! Be cool goddamnit! Hall of the Mountain king it is, some people are sitting on piles of CT's while others could barely have a chance.
World is unfair.

The world is unfair? Of course it is. The fact that you can afford ANY sealed games means you are in the top 15% of the world's population. Spending a few hundred dollars on a sealed game, whether you already have one or not, is spending several months salary for most of the world. Does that make YOU greedy? Yes it does, to most of the world.

I'll say it again; collecting is greedy in and of itself, period. Stop trying to make it into something noble because of nostalgia, etc..., because it's all just materialism in the end. So what this debate basically boils down to is one greedy group of people coming down on another group of greedy people because they want to be able to get their games cheaper, which is very ironic. Just like in any other area, those who are most willing and ready to cast judgment on others do so because they're projecting their own flaws; in other words, fat people are critical of other people's bodies, racists cry racism, and greedy people accuse others of greed.

Captain_of_Industry
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 11
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Captain_of_Industry on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:15 am

Startyde wrote:I think I like Captain here.

Thanks...I mostly just lurk around here, but I couldn't take it anymore.

Captain_of_Industry
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 11
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by yobo on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 am

Im gonna put a bullet in my head if I hear any more of these moral rants!

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Captain_of_Industry on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 am

yobo wrote:Im gonna put a bullet in my head if I hear any more of these moral rants!

If you actually read my posts, that's exactly my point. No collector is in a position to judge another collector based on their collecting habits.

Captain_of_Industry
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 11
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by phear3d on Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:38 am

Pascal wrote:the logic of buying several copies is simple my friend:
It is like buying more than one share !
You just hope that the value of that game increases ...
If you have luck you can get a multiple profit!
this

is the best answer to this question. money changes everything. whether memories, nostalgia, etc. your pupils will turn into dollar signs once youve sold a game you bought for $5 to $2,500 (i havent yet btw). its hard to believe, but that sense of accomplishment and achievement is an awesome feeling. there is a difference between collecting for the purpose of collecting, and collecting for the purpose of selling.

phear3d
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 87
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by bassman8866 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:34 pm

more copies => price goes up => lots more money to buy other games. Some of us make our income off these things.... atleast I do.

bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:15 pm

If not that rich dude - your games would have sat for eternity on ebay. But it was just pure luck.
Too bad you realized it's a money making process only....Do you still play games?

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by bassman8866 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 pm

New ones or old ones? I play roms for old games. I just finished BOF 2 and now im working on BOF 3. They are both disappointing compared to BOF 1

bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:59 pm

Whatever.
Oh i see. And i liked BOF3 a lot. One of my loved games for psx.

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by bassman8866 on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:04 pm

no rpg will ever beat bof 1. Never.

bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Startyde on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:55 pm

bassman8866 wrote:no rpg will ever beat bof 1. Never.

You, good sir, are incorrect.

Startyde
shrinkwrapped (flawless)
shrinkwrapped (flawless)

Number of posts : 418
Age : 36
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-28

View user profile http://startyde.rubberslug.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Dark Sol on Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Phantasy Star 4 easily beats anything

Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 33
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by yobo on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:16 am

BOF 1 is the best in the BOF series imo but nowhere near the best rpg ever.

yobo
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)
factory sealed, y-fold (with tears)

Number of posts : 710
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-06-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by bassman8866 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:20 am

best rpg ever. Id never sell my sealed copy ever.

bassman8866
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 380
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2008-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why several copies?!?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum