Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by violentsnake on Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 am

yobo wrote:Wow very nice museum-quality MGS display Violentsnake :top:

Hey thanks man, it's getting so crammed I may to expand into a new case pretty soon. Space has become quite a premium in there heh.
avatar
violentsnake
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 79
Feedback: : positive: 1 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2008-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by rarebucky on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 am

evankerk04 wrote:Can I ask where you get your plastic sleeves from? I've been looking into those for a few days now but I'm not sure where to buy them. Also I know for comic books you want 'acid-free' sleeves but does that even matter for video games?

Edit: I actually found some on ebay just now...what do u think of these rarebucky?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170248647572

Thanks in advance!

Yup, those are the ones I have. One piece of advice - DO NOT BUY THE CD-SIZED ONES!!! I have spent literally months with these fools trying to get them to send me the right ones and they have screwed it up like 4 times. Their CD-sized ones will not fit normal jewel case games only slimline cases. The double-disc sleeves are good however.

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Feedback: : positive: 11 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by pooch on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:49 am

violentsnake wrote:Although I have MUCH rarer sealed Metal Gear items, as far as the games, this is my "holy grail":


Metal Gear Solid Corporate Shareholder Gold Premium Package


As you can see, it's the centerpiece of my display case (I gotta update the pic, it's even more packed now heh)

Definately the rarest sealed MG in existence. There are many other collectibles with much lower print runs however that do have some sort of factory seal. In person the gold box is spectacular, especially considering how fragile it is. The cellophane wrap looks much better in person than the flash on my camera makes it out to look heh.

I saw one on Yahoo auction as factory sealed but it didn't come with the plastic bag looking wrappings, did you apply that yourself or what? Or is it factory sealed?

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by pooch on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:51 am

rarebucky wrote:

Yup, those are the ones I have. One piece of advice - DO NOT BUY THE CD-SIZED ONES!!! I have spent literally months with these fools trying to get them to send me the right ones and they have screwed it up like 4 times. Their CD-sized ones will not fit normal jewel case games only slimline cases. The double-disc sleeves are good however.

They have three kinds for CD: slim, regular and double, which one would fit a regular DC game?

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by rarebucky on Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:01 pm

pooch wrote:
rarebucky wrote:

Yup, those are the ones I have. One piece of advice - DO NOT BUY THE CD-SIZED ONES!!! I have spent literally months with these fools trying to get them to send me the right ones and they have screwed it up like 4 times. Their CD-sized ones will not fit normal jewel case games only slimline cases. The double-disc sleeves are good however.

They have three kinds for CD: slim, regular and double, which one would fit a regular DC game?

NONE!!!

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Feedback: : positive: 11 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Yahtzee on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm

It took me a couple of years to find this:





I have 2 of these:




Yahtzee
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 29
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Gemini-Phoenix on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 pm

Yahtzee wrote:


Nice! I have never seen a proper photo of these, and I always assumed they were simply a red Steelbook, similar to the PS2 CE
avatar
Gemini-Phoenix
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 1175
Age : 36
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-08-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by The Imp on Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Been meaning to post in this thread for a while; now that I'm back, here we go:



Zelda's Quest (CDi/PAL)

This game is rare enough as it is; much rarer than its two companions. As for Factory Sealed condition… well, I can't say I've ever seen another one on eBay. Even unsealed is rare these days, which is not bad for such a bad game.

P.S. Sorry about the picture quality, I should have dusted it off first. It's an old photo, and I didn't get it out of The Vault to take another picture… I'll try and out update it soon.

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by pooch on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:13 am

The Imp wrote:Been meaning to post in this thread for a while; now that I'm back, here we go:



Zelda's Quest (CDi/PAL)

This game is rare enough as it is; much rarer than its two companions. As for Factory Sealed condition… well, I can't say I've ever seen another one on eBay. Even unsealed is rare these days, which is not bad for such a bad game.

P.S. Sorry about the picture quality, I should have dusted it off first. It's an old photo, and I didn't get it out of The Vault to take another picture… I'll try and out update it soon.

I saw one on Ebay a few years ago with a high buy it now but nobody bought it. Is your copy that copy?

pooch
Complete in box, mint
Complete in box, mint

Number of posts : 267
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-11-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Jaffar Sholva on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm

A few years ago? Are you sure? I have seen it a few months ago for 300€ Buy it now, if I'm not wrong (I'm not absolutly sure about the price, but I'm sure it was there a few months ago).
avatar
Jaffar Sholva
shrinkwrapped (with holes)
shrinkwrapped (with holes)

Number of posts : 303
Age : 29
Feedback: : positive: 2 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-07-31

View user profile http://gottardi-media.vincegoesonline.ch/

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by The Imp on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:03 pm

> I saw one on Ebay a few years ago with a high buy it now but nobody bought it. Is your copy that copy?

No, I bought mine many years ago, but the auction did not feature Buy-It-Now. I believe I won the auction for a little less than €200, but my maximum bid was several times that (it was the last factory-sealed Legend Of Zelda game I needed at that time*, so it must have been before Wind Waker was released). I honestly expected it to go for more, and as I said, I had not seen it before, or as it turned out, since. Though it would seem there is at least one more floating around out there…

> A few years ago? Are you sure? I have seen it a few months ago for 300€ Buy it now, if I'm not wrong (I'm not absolutly sure about the price, but I'm sure it was there a few months ago)

Er, no, I'm not all that sure. I can't say it surprises me much, really - rare just means lots of people don't sell it; it doesn't mean lots of people don't have it. So eventually, a copy always turns up.

But, certainly I have not seen it.

Do you remember if it sold?

It might not be unique, but it's got to be as rare as rocking-horse-shoes (in Factory Sealed condition).

The Imp
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 74
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-09-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Yahtzee wrote:It took me a couple of years to find this:




WoW? When have you got it?
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by rarebucky on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:09 pm

DS - I thought you got Dark Wizard a few months ago?

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Feedback: : positive: 11 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:16 pm

rarebucky wrote:DS - I thought you got Dark Wizard a few months ago?
Yep i have mine. It'a a bit damaged though.
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Yahtzee on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:13 am

Dark Sol wrote:
rarebucky wrote:DS - I thought you got Dark Wizard a few months ago?
Yep i have mine. It'a a bit damaged though.

I got mine off ebay over a year ago (bought dark wizard, vay, sonic cd and mortal kombat all sealed off the same seller; vay was the only one damaged with the tear in the lower right corner, the others were all perfect). Already sold Vay and Sonic CD (no one wants mortal kombat...i dont blame them).:-p

Dark Wizard was the only item I really wanted, I bought the others as an impulse buy. Dark Wizard is one of my all time favorite strategy games and having a perfectly sealed copy is great.:-) I also own a 2nd copy that in excellent condition. This is one item I'll always keep just because if I got rid of it it could be a few years before I found another sealed one...and the odds of it being in as good condition are very rare considering the age of the game (and the hard jewel cases probably make it easier to tear shrink wrap).

Yahtzee
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 29
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:32 am

Yahtzee wrote:
Dark Sol wrote:
rarebucky wrote:DS - I thought you got Dark Wizard a few months ago?
Yep i have mine. It'a a bit damaged though.

I got mine off ebay over a year ago (bought dark wizard, vay, sonic cd and mortal kombat all sealed off the same seller; vay was the only one damaged with the tear in the lower right corner, the others were all perfect). Already sold Vay and Sonic CD (no one wants mortal kombat...i dont blame them).:-p

Dark Wizard was the only item I really wanted, I bought the others as an impulse buy. Dark Wizard is one of my all time favorite strategy games and having a perfectly sealed copy is great.:-) I also own a 2nd copy that in excellent condition. This is one item I'll always keep just because if I got rid of it it could be a few years before I found another sealed one...and the odds of it being in as good condition are very rare considering the age of the game (and the hard jewel cases probably make it easier to tear shrink wrap).
Damn and i'm looking for Vay for eternity!
So you're having two copies sealed both perfect?
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by rarebucky on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:38 pm

No, that's not what he said. He had 1 damaged Vay and sold it and has 2 copies currently of Dark Wizard (1 sealed, 1 opened). Come on DS, can't you read? lol!

rarebucky
factory sealed, gem mint
factory sealed, gem mint

Number of posts : 1369
Feedback: : positive: 11 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:43 pm

rarebucky wrote:No, that's not what he said. He had 1 damaged Vay and sold it and has 2 copies currently of Dark Wizard (1 sealed, 1 opened). Come on DS, can't you read? lol!
That's exactly what i wrote. But my two sentences correspond to two games. You can't read? lol!
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Yahtzee on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Just curious Dark Sol but how much did you pay for your sealed copy of Dark Wizard?

Yahtzee
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 29
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:18 pm

Yahtzee wrote:Just curious Dark Sol but how much did you pay for your sealed copy of Dark Wizard?
49.95 without shipping. It has a big rip in the seal on the upper front. But it's best i could find so far... And how much were yours?
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Yahtzee on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:37 pm

Dark Sol wrote:
Yahtzee wrote:Just curious Dark Sol but how much did you pay for your sealed copy of Dark Wizard?
49.95 without shipping. It has a big rip in the seal on the upper front. But it's best i could find so far... And how much were yours?

It sold for $40+ shipping ($5 shipping or so); about 4-5 months later I saw another one on ebay sell for $90.:-p It's all about timing; since this item isn't up for sale often it's just a matter of who's looking when it does finally appear for sale. Razz

Yahtzee
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 29
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Yearh. All about timing... unfortunately..
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Yahtzee on Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:49 pm

Dark Sol wrote:Yearh. All about timing... unfortunately..

It can't really be helped for items that are ACTUALLY rare (unlike sealed copies of FF7 which appear on ebay 7 times a week so would be collectors are always looking for it, simply because they can find it, and they all bid the auctions up). dance !

Yahtzee
cartridge only
cartridge only

Number of posts : 29
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2007-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just got this today after a year or more waiting

Post by fun2k on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:14 pm

just over exiting rite now even though i paid a lot for this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:


fun2k
cartridge+manual
cartridge+manual

Number of posts : 82
Feedback: : positive: 0 / negative: 0
Registration date : 2008-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Dark Sol on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:34 pm

wohooO!!
avatar
Dark Sol
factory sealed SingStar ABBA
factory sealed SingStar ABBA

Number of posts : 2150
Age : 34
Feedback: : positive: 3 / negative: 0
Country :
Registration date : 2007-11-16

View user profile http://www.jrpg.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Post your holy grail... (your rarest sealed game)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum